Looking to book cheap holiday deal for ChinaWednesday, December 9, 2009 8:12
China, officially known as the People’s Republic of China is a vast country in Eastern Asia with the world’s largest population. Land in China is ranging from snow Cap Mountains to deserts and from deserts to the peak of technology thus become one of the main Holiday destination. China is also termed as “ LAND OF RISING SUN ”. China is area of interest not only for tourist but also for Archeologist or architects, as it has the best preserved and most well kept, maintained wonder of the world “THE GREAT CHINA WALL”. The creation of this Great Wall of China speaks of the mighty inheritance of hard work and intelligence that the nations owns from its forefathers.
China has dozens of UNESCO World Heritage sites. Another great scenic beauty and spectacular sight in China which has also become one of it’s identity around the world is “THE FORBIDDEN CITY”, The gift of its supreme reign of kingship, was only a few decades back a hidden and isolated master piece of Chinese architect. The “Forbidden Palace” or “Forbidden City” was once a palace that common man would only dream to step in, But today the door are open for every one to see and marvel at the beauty of this creation.
China is a huge country with endless travel opportunities. During holidays, however, millions of migrant workers return home in neighboring courtiers. Travelers may have to consider their schedule to avoid the major holidays. Early reservation for flight in this case is ideal, It not only saves you from all the worries of last minute reservation but also you can have your hands on cheap promotional airfares with outstanding direct and indirect flights from United Kingdom.
Cheap flights to China are available from all major airports in UK including Heathrow, Gatwick or Manchester for Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen (the port city). These flights, if booked well in time can save you at least up to 200 GBP on each reservation. Usually travel Agencies have cheaper fares, as these agencies get discounts from airlines and sell fares on promotional bases. You may bargain the price in many cases or use easy modes of payments as installments or deposits. For more details please visit Cheap China Flights from Search Cheap Flights
China has many large and famous cities. Below is a list of the nine most important to travelers in mainland China.
- Beijing – the former Peking, is the capital, cultural center, also had hosted of the 2008 Olympics
- Guangzhou – one of most prosperous and liberal cities in the south, near Hong Kong
- Guilin – popular destination for both Chinese and foreign tourists with sensational lush green mountain and scenic river scenery
- Hangzhou – famously beautiful city and major center for the silk industry
- Kunming – capital of Yunnan and gateway to a rainbow of ethnic minority areas
- Nanjing- a renowned historical and cultural city with many historic sites
- Shanghai – famous for its riverside cityscape, China’s largest city is a major commercial center with many shopping opportunities
- Suzhou – "Venice of the East," an ancient city famous for canals and gardens
- Xi’an – the oldest city and ancient capital of China, home to ten dynasties including the Han and the Tang, terminus of the ancient Silk Road, and home of the terracotta warriors
- Wuhan – stop in Wuhan for shopping and food
- Yeshang – links to the three gorges and the biggest dam in the world
- Shenzhen – a commercial city known for its harbor
Chinese food and night life needs no introduction. The interesting sites of grilled frogs, cockroaches and scorpions are common in food streets. For vegetarians, the way Chinese cook vegetables, is the most amazing as they believe in not spoiling the color or taste nature gave to each fruit and vegetable. Sea food is also largely available and the most amazing dish is Squirrel fish. Other dishes include lots of shrimps, prawns, chickens and ducks. MacDonald, KFC, Star Bucks and other famous chains are available at the airports and also in major big cities.
Nights life is also very exciting and happening. The entry to most common club “KTV” is very cheap and these clubs are open almost in every big market and in street corners. Chinese rock and pop music is so amazing that many songs hit the charts round the world.
Shopping from malls is not more expensive than Shopping from street sides. The prices should be bargained in all cases. Chinese garments, dresses, shoes and hand bags are very cheap in comparison to other countries of its size and modernity. When you are China, it is hard to stop shopping and even harder to stop eating!!! Must not forget to try the Chinese massage centers, saloons, hair cuts, hair highlights / colors, spa, foot massage and the recent chocolate (shocolate) spa for the 21st century fashion, style and comfort.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.